Anti Ragging Cell
|Name of the members
|Dr. Afzal Hossain
|Dr. Manabendra Roy
|Dr. Jagannath Basu
|Shri Tanmoy Pramanik
|Shri Pratap Roy
|Smt. Halima Khatun
|Md. Atiur Rahaman
Anti-Ragging as per UGC Guidelines:
What is Ragging?
- Any disorderly conduct whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or a junior student.
- Indulging in a rowdy or undisciplined activity which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in a fresher or a junior student.
- Asking the students to do any act or perform something which such student will not do in the ordinary course and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of a fresher or a junior student.
- Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of other student or a fresher.
- Exploiting services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or group of students.
- Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students.
- Any act of physical or mental abuse (including bullying and exclusion) targeted at another student (fresher or otherwise) on the ground of colour, race, religion, caste, ethnicity, gender (including transgender), sexual orientation, appearance, nationality, regional origins, linguistic identity, place of birth, place of residence or economic background.
How to Lodge Complaint of Ragging?
For Online Registration of Complaint; Visit UGC website: http://www.antiragging.in/. Anti-Ragging Committee: Sitalkuchi College Sitalkuchi has adapted the ‘zero tolerance policy’ in regard of any instances of Ragging in its Campus as well as in its Hostel, i.e., no act of ragging, major or minor, will go unnoticed, no ragger, male or female, student or non-student, will go unpunished.
Students may contact: Prof. (Convener, Anti-ragging Committee), Mobile: Prof. (Convener, Anti-ragging Committee), Mobile: Heads of the Departments • Mandatory submission of “Anti-Ragging Affidavit” at the time of admission “Anti-Ragging Affidavit” at the time of admission and thereafter each year at the time of annual registration. Hence, all the students, especially 1st SEM B.A., (Hons and Programme) students are hereby instructed to fill out the anti-ragging Affidavit form available online at the website: http://www.antiragging.in/ Download: Step by Step Guide on How to Fill an Online Anti Ragging Undertaking After filling the form successfully, you have to download the Student’s Anti Ragging Undertaking and the Parents Anti Ragging Undertaking Please print both the Undertaking, sign them yourself, request your parents to read the details and request them to sign their Undertaking and then present both at the college at the time of registration, each year.